Wakefield Business Conference includes an engaging seminar programme.
Confirmed speakers are outlined below but we will keep adding additional seminars and panelists in the run up to the event. Do keep checking the website, don’t miss out and make sure you have booked your free delegate place in advance.
08:15 – 10:00
Wakefield Business Week Launch
Wakefield Business Week launches at Wakefield Business Conference. Find out more about the rest of the week and developments in the Wakefield region. Speakers are listed below. Please book your free place for this launch event here
- Cllr Peter Box CBE – Wakefield Council/and Chair of West Yorkshire Combined Authority
- Andy Wallhead – Interim Chief Executive of Wakefield Council
- Adrian Brooks – Founder Production Park
- Ad:Venture – New business support programme for SME’s and new starts across LCR
- Key Speaker Mike Pickles – Really Useful Products
10:00 – 15:00
Wakefield Business Conference 2017 opens!
Come and meet our exhibitors. Grab a coffee and catch up with new and existing contacts in the Networking Cafe area, get your tweets on the big screen using #WakeyConf. Studio tours of Production Park will be available. Make sure you have pre-registered your attendance and interest here.
11:00 – 12:00
Dr Adam Marshall, British Chambers of Commerce
Adam Marshall, Director General of the British Chambers of Commerce joins us from his Westminster office and will provide an update on a national and regional level covering topics including Brexit, The General Election, The Northern Powerhouse, Skills and Innovation.
Adam will be joined by Professor Chris Prince, Pro Vice Chancellor for Business Engagement at Leeds Beckett University. Professor Prince will be discussing the importance of Universities to support business and regional growth.
12:30 – 13:15
In this fast-paced seminar, Mark will show you the new business models that young, motivated companies (from financial services through to manufacturing) are using to completely disrupt their marketplaces. Will you join Mark’s Crusade to bring this growth mindset to Yorkshire companies?
13:45 – 14:30
Financial Support for Business Growth
This informative seminar provides advice and guidance on the current business funding and grant streams available to businesses in the Leeds City Region. Speakers include:
- Melissa Liburd – Leeds City Enterprise Partnership
- Jim Keane – The Winning Pitch
- Melanie Potts – The Department for International Trade
- Jeremy Meadowcroft – British Enterprise Fund
- Ian Brooks – ABL Business